While a hardware-based network security solution like SonicWall can be excellent for protecting your on-site systems, it might not be enough for businesses who work extensively in the cloud. For more comprehensive protection of your network (from cloud to endpoint), Fortinet has developed an integrated product line to protect your business from cyberattacks and hacking.
What is Fortinet?
Based in Sunnyvale, California, Fortinet is a company that provides both hardware and software based security products designed to provide a complete coverage solution for their customers.
Many companies use a piecemeal approach to network security; they implement various software and hardware products to cover different aspects of their system. This approach often leaves vulnerabilities that hackers can use to invade. Fortinet has effectively addressed this issue by creating products to work seamlessly with each other, and even third-party solutions. The result is what they call the “Fortinet Security Fabric,” which they intend to close the gaps left between individual cybersecurity systems.
Fortinet’s product line is extensive, covering every imaginable point of vulnerability in the network, including this partial list of solutions:
• Next-Generation Firewalls: High levels of protection across the network against known and unknown malicious threats (hardware and virtual versions available).
• Endpoint Security: Software created to guard individual user endpoints.
• Email Security: Secure email gateways to protect users against theft and loss.
• Cloud Access Security Broker: Threat protection for the cloud-based services you use.
• Secure Wi-Fi: Highly secure WLAN across small offices or large campuses.
• DDoS Protection: Hardware specifically designed to counteract Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS), one of the most common forms of cyberattack.
For Further Guidance
• The Fortinet Cookbook—Fortinet’s Knowledge Base, containing a multitude of articles and videos about various aspects of their products and services.
• Plain Tutorials: Basic Fortigate Firewall Configuration
Not every company will need the kind of comprehensive coverage offered by Fortinet, nor will every business need all its offerings. However, its solutions can be configured to meet the network security needs of most companies’ cloud and onsite needs. To learn more about whether Fortinet is right for you, give us a call.